On Friday, March 4, 2016 representatives from the Organization of American States (OAS) and State Department joined two visiting Haitian human rights leaders and two U.S.-based academics in a discussion on Haiti’s current electoral crisis. Organized by the Haiti Advocacy Working Group (HAWG) and sponsored by Representative Yvette Clarke (D-NY), the discussion focused on the causes of the postponement of the electoral crisis, the selection of Provisional President Jocelerme Privert and efforts to move the electoral process forward. Read More
Please join the Haiti Advocacy Working Group in a discussion on
Supporting Free & Fair Elections:
Perspectives from Haiti, the U.S. and the International Community
Friday, March 4, 2016 from 2:00pm-4:00pm
Cannon House Office Building, Room 402
An accord was signed on February 6, 2016 between outgoing President Michel Martelly and the president of both houses of parliament detailing how institutional continuity would occur at the end of the presidential mandate. Read More
Recordings of the different briefings are available online.
- Gender Briefing (February 4th)– www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV1Y5ZF7H3o
- Reception and Photo Exhibit (February 4th) – www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS_qQcRTXyM
- Interfaith Prayer Breakfast (February 5th)– www.youtube.com/watch?v=eznd7SnfZ4Q
- Accountability Briefing (February 5th)– www.youtube .com/watch?v=rfZGCztqxzE
- Housing Briefing (February 5th)– www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f-D33Padww
- Agriculture Briefing (February 5th)– www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAa16Pr-Zcg&feature=youtu.be
- Closing remarks by Rep.